Friday, September 23

| what i've been watching lately..

Pinoy Big Brother (ABS-CBN)
Insights..
Oh I just love the soap.. the real soap of real life.. i mean there’s no way the other soaps can be so real than that.. or they cant even be closer to what reality
PBB has in stored for us.. the creators of PBB, as well as the original BB, must have put a lot of efforts in making this project.. im a reality TV fan and I must say that I haven’t seen real lives closer than this.. you know, all the romance, the bickering, and the twists among the housemates is an exact mirror image of the outside world..
The character I love the most..
Uncle Sam… woah!! every inch of him makes me sweat and he continues to amuse me every time I watch PBB.. his smile is perfectly incomparable (thanks to Close-Up for discovering such great lad)... when he first came in to the house, I’ve been thinking hard where did I see him.. and thanks to Barbie Almalbis’ video that made my inept talent of remembering faces work this time and made me comprehend that he’s, in fact, in her video.. the guy who’s been chasing her from the time he saw her on the bus.. as a matter of fact, I have a song for sam.. and it goes like this, “when I see you smile, I can change the world… woah! you know that I can do anything.. when I see you smile, I see the ray of light… woah! I see the shadows right through the rain.. when I see you smile, baby when I see you smile at me (in front of the cam)”.. it’s actually from the hit song of Uncle Sam (the real one) himself entitled “When I See You Smile”..
The character I hate the most..
It’s certainly JB.. ahh! I just hate him for continuously making issues about his other housemates, except for Say for sure.. he’s constantly backstabbering those innocent peeps and eww he is so irritating whenever he talks like nagpapaawa because obviously, he’s not that type of person.. I guess that he hasn’t changed from being bad to being good according to his first footage.. I mean based from what I’ve been seeing, he’s no good at all..
The characters I'm fond of watching..

Uma, simply because I believe that he’s a closet queen and id love to see him come out of the wardrobe and tell everyone that he’s gay… Chx, for reasons that I can relate to her so much.. nah! Not totally the flirty-side of her but her being liberated and outspoken about her feelings (I have nothing against her kissing Sam cause if I were in her position at that time – tipsy and in his arms – I would probably have done the same thing, or more than that I guess hehe).. and I like to see her with Rico as well.. and Rico for having such wonderful bud.. oohh!! I just love his abs.. but since he’s out of the house.. my eyes are all set to SAM! Go Sam!!

Fear Factor Reality Stars Special (AXN)

The contestants..
Im a fan of the show eversince.. and reality tv as well.. and watching my fave reality stars all chock-full in one of my fave reality TV shows is something I must see and should not miss.. the contestants were Reichen (winner of the Amazing Race 4 – gay!), Jenna (winner of Survivor Amazon), Ethan (winner of Survivor Africa – Jenna’s bf), Omarosa (applicant in The Apprentice) and the other two were a guy from The Bachelorette and a girl (3rd placer in American Idol 1).. I am very much familiar with the first four contestants cause I was able to watch their respective shows especially Reichen, who happens to be my greatest reality fantasy before.. Reichen is such a gorgeous gay with a body that is so sexy and his muscles are in the right places… I wasn’t able to watch American Idol 1 that’s why I cant recall the girl’s name.. it wasn’t aired kase here before..
The synopsis..
I cant write down the details about the stunts but just to give a quick sum up.. the first one eliminated was Reichen (what a spoil!) and then Jenna.. next is Amarosa and the AI girl.. and then Ethan.. and the winner was the Bachelorette guy.. I was disappointed of course cause I was rooting for Reichen.. I was so glad pa naman to see him back in TV.. but it was okay though.. great fight.. The show continues not to fail my expectations of watching really gross, nasty, horrifying stunts.. to catch it, tune in to AXN this Sunday at 11 am (plugging!)

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (Star Movies)
Déjà Vu
Me and my best friend’s favorite movie way back in high school.. we see ourselves as romy (nap) and michele (me) for reasons that in real life, I am the dumber one wehehe and he knows what to do all the time.. because back then, nap used to decide for me.. he practically controlled my life.. just kidding! We even planned to go to the prom with our hair dyed and with a cool outfit, preferably neon ones to steal the crowd’s attention.. just like what Romy and michele did in the movie, although with different colors of outfit.. but the plan was sabotaged because of a major offense we committed to our school.. actually, it was I who made the offense and he was just put into it because of me (my apologies, nap!) but that issue was already over and we’re starting our friendship again hehe..
The pinnacle of the story..
It was when they danced with Sandy, Michele’s long time admirer slash a nerdy-freak-turned-the-most-successful-person-in-their-batch, together with the beat of Time After Time.. oh it was so cool.. I was rolling on the floor when I first watched it.. their choreography was off the hook but it was funny.. I loved it!

INXS Rockstar Finale (Star World)

The champ..
The final three rockers (Mig, Marty and J.D.) began the finale by singing covers from the list of songs from the previous shows – it was their personal choice, actually! After their performances, the band eliminated someone, and unfortunately, that someone happened to be Mig (a true Filipino pride). I was hoping for him to win even before the start of the competition.. but it was okay.. at least he showed to the whole world innumerably that Filipinos are flexible and that we know how to rock!! Yeah.. props to you Mig!! And then only Marty and J.D. remained, and they each took on a classic INXS hit for their last hurrah! Following a tough deliberation, INXS made their big decision, and J.D. was chosen as the frontman for their future tour. Ahh!! I just don’t get it.. J.D. is a no rocker at all.. he may have the best looks in the appearance department, but in the talent department, he’s a middle man.. well, one thing good about him though was that he knows how to warm up the crowd and that I think is the sole reason why INXS chose him to be their next vocalist…

The other shows..
Close-Up-To-Fame Grand Finals (ABS-CBN) – I love the winners.. they truly deserved it. Way to go jayson and “I forgot the name of the girl – my bad!”
The Pacifier (DVD c/o helen) – vin has taken a different role but incredibly nailed it.. he’s such a wonderful actor and he was so hilarious with those kids..
Monster-In-Law (DVD c/o helen) – the squabbling and wrangling of jlo and her soon-to-be mother-in-law was something me and my mom enjoyed while eating spaghetti.. we laughed hard and we cried, as always, at the end of the movie (mababaw kase luha namen eh!)
Mean Girls (DVD c/o kuya) – for the 2nd time.. I hate plastics!! But could you help yourself not to be plastic when everybody else is?? Hmm..
Freaky Friday (Disney Channel) – I was amazed to see the guy I had a crush on in the TV Series One Tree Hill, in movies like A Cinderella Story and House of Wax.. he was the love interest of Lindsay Lohan in the said movie.. Cool, huh!